Sigurd Mørkved Albrektsen, PhD
Current and previous positions as of 2023:
- 2020 - (ongoing), co-founder and Head of Embedded Development of SentiSystems AS.
- 2010 - (ongoing), Founder and CEO of Albrektsen Engineering and Embed AS. Worked with SIRDAS, web development and created the Autonomous Inspection Hub showcase.
- 2011 - 2022, Employed at SINTEF Digital, Mathematics and cybernetics. Working with robotics, ROS (Robot Operative System), smart grid, simulator development, robotic learning and robotic vision.
- 2014 - 2018, PhD: Sensor Synchronization and Navigation in GNSS-Denied Environments for Unmanned Aerial Vehicles, part of NTNU AMOS.
- 2014 - 2015, 7 month Internship at NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory. Working with throw-and-go Micro Air Vehicles (MAV).
- Developed the SentiBoard - a reconfigurable sensor timing board
- Development of localization package for the PILOTING project for tunnell inspection using LIDAR, IMU and camera
- AutoActive - Sensor data handling software for a wide range of sensors, developed in Xamarin for .Net
- Participated in the I3DS project, aiming to integrate 3D-sensors for both orbital and planetary space applications
- Localization using phased array antennas in cooperation with Radionor
- Participated in the INACHUS snake robot project
- Worked with throw-and-go Micro Air Vehicles at NASA JPL
Some of the code that I write is available online at my private GitLab server.
Cybernetics is a broad field that encompasses several topics: control and estimation, sensor handling and computer vision, embedded and real-time systems, hardware design, simulation theory, robotics and filtering techniques. The name is derived from the Greek term κυβερνάω (kybernáō) which means to steer, navigate or govern. This word is again the basis for this page.