Cybernetics is a broad field that encompasses several topics: control and estimation, sensor handling and computer vision, embedded and real-time systems, hardware design, simulation theory, robotics and filtering techniques.
- Localization using phased array antennas
- Hardware design: The SenTiBoard
- Snake robots
- Throw-and-go Micro Air Vehicles
Sigurd M. Albrektsen
As of 2017 I am currently employed by:
- 2011 - (ongoing), Employed at SINTEF Digital, Mathematics and cybernetics. Working with robotics, ROS (Robot Operative System), smart grid, simulator development, robotic learning and robotic vision.
- 2010 - (ongoing), Founder and CEO of Albrektsen Engineering. Worked with SIRDAS and web development.
- 2014 - 2018, PhD: Integrated observer design with a North-seeking strapdown MEMS-based gyrocompass and machine vision. The PhD is a part of NTNU AMOS.
- 2014 - 2015, 7 month Internship at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory. Working with throw-and-go Micro Air Vehicles (MAV).
- A list of my finished courses can be found at lowcostnav.com/sigurd/.
I have a wiki
which is mostly an infrequently updated "diary" of tricks.